• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My tenants won't reply back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennylam79

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi, I am a new condo owner and have rented my condominium to a family who I thought would be on track with their rent, but unfortunatly they are not. It has been almost a year that they have lived at my condo and are never on time with rent at all. Usually shpuld pay by the 3rd of every starting month, but they pay during the middle of the month. They have a son who is mentally ill and is persuing a lawsuit against the state, which I feel really bad about, but that I feel should not hinder their responsibility towards the rent correct? I have called every single day since the 7th of Feb, but to no avail, no answers. I even called his job but they said that they could not identify him because there was so many employee at that company. Now we are in March 6th and still nothing. Whats is my next action.. I want to do this as smoothe as I can without causing too much trouble?

ENASNI

Hey!

Read the NY LL/tenant laws...
Try to realize that yes, it is nice that you are caring of their situation.
But you are a landlord and they are a tenant.
capice?

(Hey more power to you on the human angle but... ya gotta do what ya
gotta do...? :eek: )

Are they being respectful of your situation... do they see where you are coming from.. ya know what I mean?

( sorry rented the Godfather this weekend... have a bad cold... fever even...only got out to get my kid some Ice cream...I am about ready to die and have to work tomorrow... I take care of my responsibilities... so....Go to the mattresses)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

jennylam79 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Hi, I am a new condo owner and have rented my condominium to a family who I thought would be on track with their rent, but unfortunatly they are not. It has been almost a year that they have lived at my condo and are never on time with rent at all. Usually shpuld pay by the 3rd of every starting month, but they pay during the middle of the month. They have a son who is mentally ill and is persuing a lawsuit against the state, which I feel really bad about, but that I feel should not hinder their responsibility towards the rent correct? I have called every single day since the 7th of Feb, but to no avail, no answers. I even called his job but they said that they could not identify him because there was so many employee at that company. Now we are in March 6th and still nothing. Whats is my next action.. I want to do this as smoothe as I can without causing too much trouble?
**A: hire an attorney and start the eviction process.

ENASNI

ya

What I was trying to say thru my sinus'
what he said.
(nod sure you need ad attorney doh... sorry sick here)
Really to the attorney level?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">