• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land ownership dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magnum7419

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have owned a three acre parcel in Seiverville, Tenn. siince 1980. Recently I had the property surveyed so as to sub divide. The Surveror called today and said someone has built a cabin on part of my land......

What should be my concerns and what steps should I take... Thanks.. :)

HomeGuru

Magnum7419 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have owned a three acre parcel in Seiverville, Tenn. siince 1980. Recently I had the property surveyed so as to sub divide. The Surveror called today and said someone has built a cabin on part of my land......

What should be my concerns and what steps should I take... Thanks.. :)
**A: do you live on the property? When was this cabin built and who is this someone?

Magnum7419

I do not live on the property. I live in South Florida and have no idea who lives in the cabin or how long...The surveyor is going to send the land owner a legal notice that he or she is on my land.

HomeGuru

Magnum7419 said:
I do not live on the property. I live in South Florida and have no idea who lives in the cabin or how long...The surveyor is going to send the land owner a legal notice that he or she is on my land.
**A: that is not the surveyors job. Don't you have an agent or management company?

Magnum7419

I currently have no agent or any management company representative.
The land is question was rural mountain land when I bought it in 1980. Since then a developer came in and made it a gated community and "improved my land" with out my consent..by putting in roads and building cabins. The developer is GONE now and a HOA has taken over. I am NOT part of the HOA and they have never asked me for monthly maintenance fees.
Property was listed with a realtor but no takers as it appears the tract of land is too large and needs to be sub divided to make it more attractive to buyers. Land is 3.24 acres and most lots in there are half an acre at the most.
I have now a working agreement with a surveyor to survey the land and divide it up into two or more lots.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">