• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Trespassing signs on fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trashbegone

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a neighbor who has built a fence just off the property line 2-3 inches on his side. He has posted "No Trespassing" signs on our side of the fence. These neon signs are not pleasant to look at and other folks in the neighborhood think these are OUR signs (because the neighbor built the back side of the fence facing our yard). We have lived in our house for 21 years and he has only been here 3-4 years. We would like to get rid of the signs since they are for our benefit only. Can we legally take these signs down? Thanks.

HomeGuru

trashbegone said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a neighbor who has built a fence just off the property line 2-3 inches on his side. He has posted "No Trespassing" signs on our side of the fence. These neon signs are not pleasant to look at and other folks in the neighborhood think these are OUR signs (because the neighbor built the back side of the fence facing our yard). We have lived in our house for 21 years and he has only been here 3-4 years. We would like to get rid of the signs since they are for our benefit only. Can we legally take these signs down? Thanks.
**A: why would a neighbor do that? What is the complete story here?

trashbegone

Trespassing signs on fence

HomeGuru said:
**A: why would a neighbor do that? What is the complete story here?
He has never been the friendly type. He would get get mad when the water from our sprinkler would barely touch his vehicle. Our sprinklers have been set up they way they are for 15 years before he moved in. He parked the vehicle next to the property line. The last time he came over to tell us our sprinkler was hitting his vehicle (he seem to pick the times we had company over to bring it to our attention)he was told to stay off our property. Any answer to the original question regarding legally taking the signs down?

HomeGuru

trashbegone said:
He has never been the friendly type. He would get get mad when the water from our sprinkler would barely touch his vehicle. Our sprinklers have been set up they way they are for 15 years before he moved in. He parked the vehicle next to the property line. The last time he came over to tell us our sprinkler was hitting his vehicle (he seem to pick the times we had company over to bring it to our attention)he was told to stay off our property. Any answer to the original question regarding legally taking the signs down?
**A: I took it you already knew the answer of NO.

trashbegone

HomeGuru said:
**A: I took it you already knew the answer of NO.

If I knew the answer was NO I would not have sought out advice. I have been told by two people that if the sign was on OUR side of the fence then we could take it off the fence. But, thanks for your opinion.

stephenk

Cmon now, the sprinklers have been set up like that for 15 years!

I can see why the neighbor put up the signs. You water his car and when he tells you about it (more than once by your post) you kick him off your property. I am sure you haven't changed your sprinkler watering pattern, right?

Well you get what you deserve. Enjoy the neon signs that are on his property.

HomeGuru

trashbegone said:
If I knew the answer was NO I would not have sought out advice. I have been told by two people that if the sign was on OUR side of the fence then we could take it off the fence. But, thanks for your opinion.
**A: two people. wow weeeee. Two idiots that have not a clue as to Oregon real property laws and private property rights.
They need matching colored t-shirts with sayings;
shirt 1- DUMMY
shirt 2- I'M WITH DUMMY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">