• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water Pipeline Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jose1lm

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

We bought our house about 1 year ago.

Our neighbor told us not to worry if we see a guy digging in our front lawn. That he was there to fix their water line which broke. It's not like she was asking us for permission, but telling us what will take place. :(

She stated that her water line has broken about 3 times within the last 2years. She also said that her house and the one next to her, has their water lines going down our front lawn.

Don't they have to ask us for permission first? Also, we were thinking of taking out the lawn and laying down pavers. If we do this, doesn't she or the repair person have to put everything back the way it was? Another thing, if this happens to her so frequently, isn't there something we can do to have her line moved so that she doesn't have to keep digging in our front lawn? Where can I find or call someone to get more information about this?

Jose

PS: She also stated that since our house was closer to the main water meter, that she never seen ours break. Only the last two houses on the street. There are a total of 4 houses on this private streen (Lane). I am the 2nd house from the street.

HomeGuru

jose1lm said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

We bought our house about 1 year ago.

Our neighbor told us not to worry if we see a guy digging in our front lawn. That he was there to fix their water line which broke. It's not like she was asking us for permission, but telling us what will take place. :(

She stated that her water line has broken about 3 times within the last 2years. She also said that her house and the one next to her, has their water lines going down our front lawn.

Don't they have to ask us for permission first? Also, we were thinking of taking out the lawn and laying down pavers. If we do this, doesn't she or the repair person have to put everything back the way it was? Another thing, if this happens to her so frequently, isn't there something we can do to have her line moved so that she doesn't have to keep digging in our front lawn? Where can I find or call someone to get more information about this?

Jose

PS: She also stated that since our house was closer to the main water meter, that she never seen ours break. Only the last two houses on the street. There are a total of 4 houses on this private streen (Lane). I am the 2nd house from the street.
**A: review your title report and survey that you should have done prior to closing, to see if there are any recorded easements. Also talk to your neighbors about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">