• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor cut down my tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

philgiboney

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I have a very large Avacado tree (maybe 80-100 yrs old) in my back yard that is a main component of the yard. The property next door was sold and the new owners are having most of it demo'd. The crew working on their property came over to my property and climbed up on my garage and cut literally half of the tree down. A few small branches had grown so they crossed the fence but they basically cut down everything on 180 degrees of the one side. I promise you it looks worse than you can imagine. I consider it to not just be an eye sore but changes the dynamic of the property. What are my legal options at this point? Also who is responsible, the new owners of the property or the crew that is doing the demolition.

HomeGuru

philgiboney said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I have a very large Avacado tree (maybe 80-100 yrs old) in my back yard that is a main component of the yard. The property next door was sold and the new owners are having most of it demo'd. The crew working on their property came over to my property and climbed up on my garage and cut literally half of the tree down. A few small branches had grown so they crossed the fence but they basically cut down everything on 180 degrees of the one side. I promise you it looks worse than you can imagine. I consider it to not just be an eye sore but changes the dynamic of the property. What are my legal options at this point? Also who is responsible, the new owners of the property or the crew that is doing the demolition.

**A: if the branches that were cut were extending over the property line, then you have no say unless the trimming caused or will cause death to the tree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">