• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated due to Coprorate restructuring w/ no notic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobru

What is the name of your state? MA

I was terminated with no notice due to "corporate restructuring." My boss apologized profusely as he terminated me, telling me "It's not me, blah, blah blah."

I had been using a company truck to get to and from work (3 hr commute), because my own vehicle had broken down at the company. My ex boss told me to not try and get my car to make it home; but to instead take the company truck, and they would "make arrangements to pick it up" on Monday.

On Monday I was told it was my responsibility to get the truck back there (1 1/2 hours away); I have no money to tow the vehicle there (it is not running); and, by holding my last check, they are putting my mortgage in jeopardy (I just got the house out of foreclosure, and need my last check in order to make my March payment. All I want is my check; they couldn't care less about the situation they have left me in.

Any ideas how I can get this resolved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">