• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using my email even though Id ont work there.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jvo333

Washington

My ex-employer is still using my email account when I was employed their. Are their any laws in Washington state that prevent this?

jvo333

No. The email belongs to the employeer. I used it when I was employed there so it is my name. I am no longer employed there.

Beth3 said:
YOUR e-mail account? Are you saying you are paying the e-mail/internet access bill?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As the e-mail, the internet access and the computer drives it is stored on all belong to the company, nothing in the law requires that they remove your name from it.

Nor are you being damaged by their failure to do so.

jvo333

No I dont belive so. Thank you for your help.

cbg said:
As the e-mail, the internet access and the computer drives it is stored on all belong to the company, nothing in the law requires that they remove your name from it.

Nor are you being damaged by their failure to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">