• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Banking hippa law violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iowa linda

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Iowa
My Brother #1 died suddenly. Within a couple weeks the banker had called Brother #2 saying that Brother #1 had a loan that needed to be payed. Then the banker wrote a letter to Brother #2 stating information on the loan papers. Brother #2 HAS NOT been appointed executor of the estate. What if anything can Brother #1's immediate family do about this breech of privacy? If there is something they can do, where do they start? Can the Banker /or Bank be held accountable for this? any information would be appreciated.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's no such thing as a "banking HIPAA law". HIPAA applies to medical information ONLY, and even then only some medical information.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not my area of expertise. I know about HIPAA because I work with health insurance. Someone else may know.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What lawyer is this, Katy? It was a banker that committed the offense, if indeed it was an offense. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">