• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nguyen27

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok, so a friend of mine was arrested with cocaine and intent to deliver (caught in D.C. area) His lawyer got him off--all he had was complete certain hours of community service as well as some probation. He's back in Ohio...his lawyer wanted some more money. He wrote a check for 5,000 with no funds in his account. The check somehow went through, now the bank's trying to contact him and saying what he did is fraud. What I want to know is...what would the maximum penalty be? Would that be considered a violation to the probation (from previous drug charges). Thanks :)

F

Fat Tony

Well, writing a bad check for that amount would be a felony, and most probation has that goofy little clause about not committing any felonies while on probation. Damn lawyers. The nerve of this guy to want to get paid for work he already performed.

Nguyen27

yea, i know it another offense is committed then it is considered a violation of the probation....you wouldn't know what the sentencing would be do you?

F

Fat Tony

Id say anything from probation, or even a suspended sentence up to Life in Prison or maybe the death penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">