• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold and Health Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kat2Wolf

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin

I have been having health problem for the past 5 years. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, rosacea and I suffered 2 Christmas’s ago from a sever allergy attack that landed me in the hospital. I never had allergies before and I was starting to question why I was having all of these health issues while I’ve been living in this duplex. I was horrified when I recently did some research and found a connection between fibromyalgia and mold. I also found information on misdiagnoses from symptoms related to mold exposure. I sincerely believe that the neglect of this property in order to save a penny is directly related to my constant health issues. For the past 6 months, I’ve felt like I’ve had a cold in my system, but I thought it was just a cold. My daughter had an allergic reaction recently that caused a rash all over her body….she has never had an allergic reaction like that either. My daughter has been sick for the past two months. We have been brushing it off as a cold….she has had a terrible cough and other symptoms. I am moving from this place April 30th and I am afraid my health issues won’t reverse and I am extremely angry. We have forced air for heat as well, which makes matters worse. My first neighbors had mold on their wall. My second neighbors had mold on their wall and complained to management to remove it. My guess is management either painted or bleached it (which only covers the problem and doesn’t remove it). Since the second neighbors, 3 other families have lived next door and I didn’t have conversations with them so I don’t know if any of them have experienced mold.
There is a hole in bathroom wall never repaired (caused by water damage) even though I requested it. There was also a flood in house in the kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom. The flood was a result of tree root damage to pipes, a plumber came and sewage was pulled out and he did something to fix the problem. Rug shampooers came and they used fans to dry the carpeting. I told the shampooer, an odor was still present and he said he would be back, but that never happened. Instead of replacing carpeting, management left the water damaged carpeting. I complained to the new owner about mold on bathroom ceiling and was told to bleach it off (believe this might be from new roof being put on, but drain spouts not replaced correctly, which I informed management). Upon further research, it seems bleaching only covers the problem and doesn’t get rid of the mold. There have been 5 different neighbors since I have lived in this duplex since November of 1999. There is visible mold and I believe there is a lot of hidden mold from water damage and neglect. This house has no basement and what I thought might be some spots of dirt on the wall…might actually be mold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">