• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare purchase...plz help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adi74

What is the name of your state? CT

Hello,
During my recent trip to orlando, I attanded a timeshare seminar and aggreed to buy it,I paid 10% of the price .But later on after coming back from vacation.. I realized..It'was'nt a good deal and wanted to get out of the deal.I spoke to one of the TimeShare rep on phone and they aggreed to return,I mailed(express) all the documents with in 10+ days time.

I recently got a letter from there mortgage dept that It's a deeded document and I can't return after 10 days of signing it. Do I have to really buy this or Pay panelty or else will impact my credit.What are the implecations...
pls. advice, Many Thanks

Regards
AG

HomeGuru

Adi74 said:
What is the name of your state? CT

Hello,
During my recent trip to orlando, I attanded a timeshare seminar and aggreed to buy it,I paid 10% of the price .But later on after coming back from vacation.. I realized..It'was'nt a good deal and wanted to get out of the deal.I spoke to one of the TimeShare rep on phone and they aggreed to return,I mailed(express) all the documents with in 10+ days time.

I recently got a letter from there mortgage dept that It's a deeded document and I can't return after 10 days of signing it. Do I have to really buy this or Pay panelty or else will impact my credit.What are the implecations...
pls. advice, Many Thanks

Regards
AG
**A: what did your contract state as to the cancellation time period?

Adi74

10 Calender Days...and yes we did'nt noticed/remembered while signing.
and the time we mailed the papers It was 10+ days.

Thanks
AG

Jendigo

You bought it, you own it

Unfortunately, I hear this story every day. If you waited until after that 10-day rescission period (in my state of MO we have a 5-day cxl time) then you're stuck with it. You might try to negotiate a settlement if you really don't want the timeshare.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A friend loaned my husband and me her timeshare for our honeymoon, and we saw several notices posted where people were selling their weeks. You might want to investigate that option.

HomeGuru

Adi74 said:
10 Calender Days...and yes we did'nt noticed/remembered while signing.
and the time we mailed the papers It was 10+ days.

Thanks
AG

**A: you may want to talk to an attorney and have a review done of your isues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">