• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ira withdraw for education purposes/used child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrscrewed

What is the name of your state? Virginia ira withdraw used for child support calculation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nextwife
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2003

Post in the tax Forum. I believe that there may be a way to gift the education money to son that could help offset some tax consequences.

For CS purposes, I do believe that the money placed into the IRA was actually "income" in the year it was earned.
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am divorced for the 2nd time. 2 children with my first wife and 1 child with my 2nd wife. I have custody of the 2 from the first marriage. I took out 10,000.00 from my IRA account for my oldest sons education. I have to pay taxes on that money for the 2004 tax year. I am going to have my child support modified next year since there is no more day care for my youngest son. My question is will they count the 10,000.00 that i have to pay taxes on from my ira as income since i have to list it on my tax forms?

mrscrewed

#2 Today, 06:04 PM
nextwife
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2003

Post in the tax Forum. I believe that there may be a way to gift the education money to son that could help offset some tax consequences.

For CS purposes, I do believe that the money placed into the IRA was actually "income" in the year it was earned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">