• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

needing help with filing unfiled taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misunderstood-c

What is the name of your state? Virginia
In 1996 I was given some wrong advice about not having to file State taxes if my federal adjusted gross was under 11,000.so I did not file. I was young and took what I was told as the truth. But now several years later I found out that was a lie and that if your Virginia Adjusted Gross Income is under 5,000 and you are single you do not owe and do not need to file and now I know that I owe taxes for some of these years. How do I go about handling these taxes and do you know what forms I will need. I have all of my IRS tax forms for the years I did not file.

Snipes5

Take your forms to H & R Block or someplace that will do them for you, and guarantees their work. You don't want to screw this up, because when you file them it starts an SOL for them to get back to you on penalties and interest, and if done wrong, it could be disastrous.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">