• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy old man living on the desert wants to use our ingress egress utility road

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jnrg7

What is the name of your state?Arizona
4 properties have a non-exclusive easement for ingress and egress and utilities
over, across and upon the south 30 ft of the lot. The man that owns the land south of us and the owner of his own 10 acres wants to put a gate in his fence and now use the road set up for the 4 land owners. Can he legally do
this? I took pictures of him doing this to prove that the gate was just being installed. His reasoning behind this is that he doesn't want people driving past him to get to the back 5 acres he wants to sell. I want to plant trees where he wants to put the gate and I am thinking to do it before he gets the gate in. Once a road has been established under the description I have listed does it mean anyone can use it as they wish. I feel as though the origional cost of my property included this development and that he wants to benefit from it without paying. Would a mortgage company be interested in general with its assets as we are all mortgaged and this road really belongs to the respective mortgage companies. We origionally bought this property because it is private and I don't want to allow more traffic especially to whoever he sells to. We have spoken to him and he agreed to stop the installment and then when we went out we came home early and found him trying to get the gate installed. I know he can put as many gates as he wants on his fence but can he legally use our road as he thinks he can. Any help would be appreciated. He seems very determined.

HomeGuru

Jnrg7 said:
What is the name of your state?Arizona
4 properties have a non-exclusive easement for ingress and egress and utilities
over, across and upon the south 30 ft of the lot. The man that owns the land south of us and the owner of his own 10 acres wants to put a gate in his fence and now use the road set up for the 4 land owners. Can he legally do
this? I took pictures of him doing this to prove that the gate was just being installed. His reasoning behind this is that he doesn't want people driving past him to get to the back 5 acres he wants to sell. I want to plant trees where he wants to put the gate and I am thinking to do it before he gets the gate in. Once a road has been established under the description I have listed does it mean anyone can use it as they wish. I feel as though the origional cost of my property included this development and that he wants to benefit from it without paying. Would a mortgage company be interested in general with its assets as we are all mortgaged and this road really belongs to the respective mortgage companies. We origionally bought this property because it is private and I don't want to allow more traffic especially to whoever he sells to. We have spoken to him and he agreed to stop the installment and then when we went out we came home early and found him trying to get the gate installed. I know he can put as many gates as he wants on his fence but can he legally use our road as he thinks he can. Any help would be appreciated. He seems very determined.
**A: why have you posted a new thread on the same issue? Stick to your original thread.

Jnrg7

I posted new thread because I didn't realize I needed to attach to old thread. My concern was can he just use my road legally in the state of Az. PS What do you have against new threads?

HomeGuru

Jnrg7 said:
I posted new thread because I didn't realize I needed to attach to old thread.

**A: well now you do, so do it.
My concern was can he just use my road legally in the state of Az.

**A: yes, he can use your road legally.
PS What do you have against new threads?
**A: ask the website moderator.

rmet4nzkx

Just because you don't like the response you got on your original thread doesn't mean that starting a new one will change the answer. Now 2 attorney's have told you the very same thing, something which is a very basic understanding and you will get the same response from the RE people on this site as well or if you consult a RE attorney on your own dime. Plant your trees somewhere else. And you say your neighbor is carzy? :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

rmet4nzkx said:
Just because you don't like the response you got on your original thread doesn't mean that starting a new one will change the answer. Now 2 attorney's have told you the very same thing, something which is a very basic understanding and you will get the same response from the RE people on this site as well or if you consult a RE attorney on your own dime. Plant your trees somewhere else. And you say your neighbor is carzy? :rolleyes:

**A: Yup, very carzy writer.

rmet4nzkx

HomeGuru said:
**A: yeah, you're right. You been drinkin the non-pulp free shots, the ones with the thorns.
I meant OP not ME!!! :eek: You're saying I'm throny ;) I've been called worse. All this talk about cactus, reminds me of Rhubarb...... :D

Jnrg7

You guys are great

Hey...I finally get it. When you clearly stated that he can use the road and I should plant else where, I finally get it. I am too, like all of you, pleasantly crazy. I do enjoy cactus juice and can admit when I am stupid. I am stupid but eager enough to try to learn. I guess I will have to suffer with the expenses to build a road and bring in the power and let the world feast off my achievements...that isn't new to people now is it. I feel ass burnt and will have to get over it.

Hey, feel free to to contact me anytime you would like some medical teaching. I can't wait to point out your inadequacies, it will be fun!!!

Home Guru...when will the icons supply us with a whip at the end of the signature....It seems most appropriate.

Thank you oh humble Guru and followers....I see the light. Me

rmet4nzkx

Look, you live in a part of the world where it pays to be neighborly, you never know when you need a good one. :)

Jnrg7

It is true we all need good neighbors and I have always been one. I will need to come to terms with the fact that while he sipped his lemonade, never offered 15 feet of the 30 feet for easement, never paid for the development of the property for water and power. Never graded the road once after a monsoon that he is entitled to have equal benifit to the road and not have to provide ingress or egress to property he wants to sell. It will be hard for me but it won't be my first or last hurdle.
Thanks for your support. Me

rmet4nzkx

Well you will have a fresh start with the next neighbors, also remember a part of the bargin that came with your property was the easment and development requirements. Name the road after yourself :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">