• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false charges of sexuall harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megami1

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

A girl was recently fired from my place of work and later in the day her father walked into the business and accused my employer of sexual harassment and threatened him with charges. Also, the girl's boyfriend called our business and verbally threatened my employer as well.

This accusation is completely outrageous considering that over 50% of our staff is female and has never felt sexually harassed and our employer has never even made sexual advancements or comments towards any of the employees. The girl who was fired didn't do her job correctly and constantly made our customers upset by making mistakes with money.

I realize that her case against him is very weak, but my employer is worried that if they file charges, that it will go onto public records that he was accused of sexual harassment - which will make it very difficult for him to get a job should he choose another career in the future.

Is there some legal way that he could fight these accusations without damaging his character????

boonehead

I'am not a lawyer. But the classes I have been to on sexual harassment (employer sends all managers) Sexual harassment at a work place is hard to prove. They do try to scare you because anything that is considered a advance, even normal conversation such as "you look nice in that sweater" could be taken as an unwanted advance. But when it comes to court they will ask her did you state that in anyway those remarks or gestures make you uncomfortable? Did you notify your immediate supervisor?Were you fired because of resisting these advances? Did anyone witness the alleged act?
Once charges are filed, it becomes public record, which then if proved there was no harassment. That girl has slandered your name and you can sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">