• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Probation Violation With A Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Green Id Gurl

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I have a felony Conspiracy to distribute illegal drugs. I have been on probation for a year and a half and failed a drug test.....my first one. My probation officer follows the book to the harshest extent :( what should I expect?

I have a stay of judication or whatever it means when your done with probation and it just goes away...will this felony stay on my record now? I have a year and a day hanging over my head....what is going to happen? :confused: :( :( :(

skylinedo

First off, probation is a slap on the wrist. They gave you a chance to stay clean/out of trouble through your probation period. So it's safe to expect they WILL throw the book at you w/ full charges.

smutlydog

skylinedo said:
First off, probation is a slap on the wrist. They gave you a chance to stay clean/out of trouble through your probation period. So it's safe to expect they WILL throw the book at you w/ full charges.
For an addict probation is not a slap on the wrist.

For people with drug problems probation can be much worse than a prison sentence.When someone violates the terms of their probation the prison sentence is rather harsh.Many drug users refuse probation because they don't trust themselves.They just assume get the shorter sentence over with so that they can go back to doing drugs again.

If this is your first violation, I doubt that they will "throw th book at you".
You will probably get a sanction from the judge. In my state for the first violation its 0 to 15 days. In the Drug Court, some of the violators are given a day of work crew, wash DOC cars, litter pick, etc... Or occasionaly a day or weekend in the county jail.
I suggest either stay clean till your probation is over, or, find a way to pass the UA's, because you'll probably get those alot more often now till youre off probation. Good Luck. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">