• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring a criminal deferred adjudication from one state to another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kiwi11

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

If someone has deferred adjudication going on in Texas but wants to relocate to Indiana, will Indiana except the deferred adjudication? This individual is currently on probation. The person does have community service to complete in Texas and court/probation fines to pay in Texas. It has already been advised this person will have to complete all community service and have all fines paid completely off before even being able to apply for the case to be transferred to Indiana. However the PO was not able to advise if Indiana would accept the transfer of the case from Texas once all the other items (i.e. community service, fines payments) has been completed.

The criminal offense is possession of controlled substance (marijuana).

Please advise

Thank you

uniqbandit

oh no not indiana!

undefined :eek: if it is northern indiana he is relocating to, just stay in texas! i am dealing with a misdameanor possesion charge in pulaski county that is from 9/11/03. my huband was charged with possesion of 14 grams of marijuana. the 3 people in the truck were all charged with the same charges...possesion of marijuana, posseion of drug paraphanalia, visisting a common nucence, and possesion of a handgun not registered to them in the state of indiana. we live in missouri, the truck did not belong to us and my husband was not driving or in direct posession of anything. everything was found in the back seat and he was in front passenger. my husband is serving federal time for possesion in missouri. no one, judge, prosecutor or our attorney seem to know what to do now. they were supposed to transport him for trial but did not. they do not even know what forms to file or this. my husbandis and has been willing to plea bargin on the posession charge. they don't know how to do that either! i have emailed them the indiana.gov website-do not know if they have computers!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">