• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Released Incorrect Info. to Probation Dept.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DebiP

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IN

Two years ago, I became addicted to pain meds after an operation. I became like another person and eventually forged a prescription. I admitted to this and left with a felony, home detention and probation. I am also licensed by the state as a physical therapist so my license was suspended until I had completed appropriate steps. It was reinstated recently on a probationary basis. When I was allowed to return to my profession, I disclosed all of this information. I was hired in October 2004 to work in a one therapist clinic (with a secretary) and my supervisor as well as corporate knew of my situation. Everything went along smoothly until my immediate supervisor left. A new supervisor filled in as a temp. and the corporate office told me to continue using them as my supervisor since this new therapist was only a temporary supervisor (I was to become clinic manager after my 90 day probationary period ended). She and I got along fine although we didn't work together (we all had one therapist clinics). One day I was sick and the secretary was looking for a file in my desk and found my probationary terms for my license. She went to this temporary supervisor who immediately changed her demeanor towards me. She wanted to check "my competency", etc.. and I could live with that after I found out the cause, after all I had alot of responsibility and was a felon that she didn't know well. Anyway, home detention called to verify my hours (I am salary). She never called me to ask (as the previous supervisor did due to our unique working situation). She simply told the probation officer that if I was working weekends I shouldn't be as no one in the company works weekends (completely false information). Based on this alone, I was arrested and jailed for a week while my family gathered info. from the company that showed at least when I left every day based on my personal code to set/unarm alarm system. She never gave any of this information to the probation department. The probation violation was dropped due to this evidence that we had to scramble for and she could have easily obtained before things got out of hand. Since then I have lost my job (even though corporate people knew of my cirumstances in my past, they had no idea what happened in this situation except what she told them...I was in jail). I feel like I have lost everything...my house may go into forclosure due to my loss of income and I wonder if the company has any liability to have reported CORRECT information to law enforcement? My previous supervisor testified that many of us work weekends and doesn't know why she stated that. I also have supportive evidence of my daily hours using the alarm system. I know my past is harmful, which is why I disclosed it during my interview.The fact that the company terminated me I understand is meaningless due to "at will". I have just accepted a new position, but am still haunted by the fact that she could do this.

Also, in the copy of papers (from security company with logs of alarm system use) faxed to us by the secretary of that company was one sheet documenting my name, dates and times when I accessed the system or left the building (via personal code)...there is a second nearly identical sheet with the same information except now my name is gone and the new supervisor's name appears each time I logged out. I have both sheets. My probation officer feels that her altering that record shows some sort of deception. I hope it was a simple mistake but do wonder legally if someone can do that as well as their responsibility to provide accurate information?

Sorry this is so long. I appreciate any advice or help anyone may have to offer.

DebiP

Last edited:

C

CheeseBlotto

Please don't post the same issue under a bunch of different sections.

Please clean up a little, then I'll give you a hand.

Last edited:

DebiP

CheeseBlotto said:
Please don't post the same issue under a bunch of different sections.

Please clean up a little, then I'll give you a hand.

Sorry...my first time...thanks :confused:

stephenk

hire an attorney. the supervisor's intentional deception had you wrongly arrested. you have a pretty good civil case against the supervisor and the company.

DebiP

Thanks

stephenk said:
hire an attorney. the supervisor's intentional deception had you wrongly arrested. you have a pretty good civil case against the supervisor and the company.
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my post and respond. I will certainly take your advice. I'm glad to know I wasn't overreacting! Thanks again and had a nice day.

Debi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">