• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui Vop Warrant Valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyvale

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA
I was placed on dui probation for 1 year and I had 60 days to go until my probation was finished. I did not go to probation for the last 60 days and now there is a warrant for my arrest. My questions are by law isnt the probation officer supposed to notify the client that he/she has violated and a vop has been filed with the court and an arrest warrant is in process. The probation officer never advised me nor contacted me to tell me there was a vop warrant. Also the warrant itself wasnt signed by the Judge until after my probation period had expired. I was under the assumption that the warrant had to be signed by the end of the probation period; otherwise the court no longer had jurisdiction over the person on probation.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">