• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use of name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmac969

What is the name of your state? NC
I have sent a test email to the address where I was employed and it was not returned to me, so I know that my mail is being forwarded. I'd rather them not use my name on an account since I am no longer there.
I'm probably also receiving personal mail from people that don't realize I'm not with the company.
Is there any policy or procedure as far as time for removal from termination date or is there a way that I can get them to cancel the account?
thx

Beth3

Is there any policy or procedure as far as time for removal from termination date or is there a way that I can get them to cancel the account? Nope.

If you think friends are still sending personal e-mails to you where you used to work, then I suggest you tell them you're not there any longer.

kmac969

I've already done that to who I knew, but the company won't give me my personal contacts from my email program. So I have no way of knowing everyone in my contacts.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since the company owns the e-mail system, the computer hard drive on which it resides and the internet access, it's up to them whether or not to cancel the account you used while you were employed there. It is their e-mail address, not yours, even though you had the use of it while you were employed there. You cannot force them to either cease the use of that account or to give you the names listed as contacts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">