• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyp1970

What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm a Navy LT with 16 years in the Navy (12 active duty, 4 Reserve), who has been charged with art 92 (3 counts) and art 133 (1 count). I was given the opprotunity for a Capt Mast vice Courts Martial and, at the advice of three JAG Officers took the Mast. I was found guilty on all counts. The Jag Officers warned me that it would occur that way, but the punishment would be less sevre than at the CM. Now, my NJP punishment is 30 days base restriction, Punitive Letter of Repremand, and now I get to go before a Board of Inquiry.

Art 92, Disobeying a Direct Order: I was ordered to stay away from an Enlisted man's wife (who is nothing more than a friend and is ok with our friendship). I was caught with her on more than one occasion.

Art 133, Conduct Unbecoming: Just haveing contact with her (so they say) goes beyond the good order of the Navy.

It also doesn't look like they will let me fly again. Oh boy...can you say Kelly Flynn?

My question, am I sunk at the Inquiry? And how long before the Board conviens?

Last edited:

badapple40

You are most likely sunk at the board, and as for when it occurs, well, there's no telling really -- just depends on when the paper pushers get to pushing the paper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">