• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garrisons4

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I received notice that I owed an additional few hundred dollars to the IRS from 2002. I paid that.
Then I filed my taxes for 2004 electronically. They sent me a refund, minus the few hundred that I owed. BUT, I had already paid it! It's possible that it crossed in the mail as I had only paid it a few weeks prior, but I paid it electronically also so they should have had it applied.
I tried to call the IRS but can't get an answer. How do I go about getting that money back now?

garrisons4

Okay,
I've spent a couple of hours by this point on the phone with the IRS trying to get someone to answer my question. I can't get a real person or find a damned option that would relate to me.
I've also searched the IRS website and can't find an answer nor a way to contact them except by telephone! :eek:
Any suggestions would be welcomed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">