• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sueing HOA During/After Condo Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkirae

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CAI am possibly going to be relocated for a new job, but am in the process of suing my HOA over flood damage caused by their negligence in maintaining the common area drains, which backed up and caused water to flood my condo. I have significant damage which will need to be fixed prior to the sale of my condo. My question is thus, should I fix, and pay for, the damage myself (since the HOA & their insurance aren't doing anything fast enough) and then sue the HOA after I sell my condo and recover my out of pocket losses (and decline in the value of my condo b/c I then have to disclose flooding as well). Can I sue during/after the sale of my condo? A real estate atty here in CA has already cost me more in hourly fees than it'll cost to cheaply repair one of the damaged rooms...and NOTHING has been fixed yet in my place. Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">