• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expected Privacy In Locker At Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hercamer

What is the name of your state? Missouri

We are assigned lockers at work and I am wondering what kind of privacy, if any I should expect. Does my employer, which is a private company, have the right to search my locker and confiscate anything that is found that they may think is not approporate. Do they have the right to search anything in the locker? For example a book bag? Do they have to return the items that are confiscated? Thanks In Advance.

HomeGuru

hercamer said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

We are assigned lockers at work and I am wondering what kind of privacy, if any I should expect. Does my employer, which is a private company, have the right to search my locker and confiscate anything that is found that they may think is not approporate. Do they have the right to search anything in the locker? For example a book bag? Do they have to return the items that are confiscated? Thanks In Advance.

**A: stop beating around the bush if you want legal advice.
We need to know what items were confiscated and why the search.

pitter-patter

Look in your empolyee handbook.They should have the locker policy in there.If not ask for it (policy) in writing.

Better yet don't bring that "stuff" to work. :eek:

BelizeBreeze

pitter-patter said:
Look in your empolyee handbook.They should have the locker policy in there.If not ask for it (policy) in writing.

Better yet don't bring that "stuff" to work. :eek:
And of course, your answer is WRONG! Show me any state or federal law giving the employee handbook legal status.

You Are Guilty

While the employer certainly owns the locker, it does not give them a right to "confiscate" legal-to-own items placed in the locker. However, you will probably look very silly before the Small Claims judge and other litigants when your lawsuit to recover your used anal beads is called. So think wisely.

rmet4nzkx

Pop :eek: pop :eek: pop :eek: pop :eek: pop :eek:
Yes, keep them hidden where the sun don't shine and not in your locker, unless you are certified to teach sex education. :rolleyes:
Maybe he can claim they were worry beads :confused:

You Are Guilty

rmet4nzkx said:
Pop :eek: pop :eek: pop :eek: pop :eek: pop :eek:
Yes, keep them hidden where the sun don't shine and not in your locker, unless you are certified to teach sex education. :rolleyes:
Maybe he can claim they were worry beads :confused:
I suppose as long as they don't get mixed up with his rosary, he has nothing to worry about. That would be one heck of a confession: "Say 50 'Hail Marys' and wash your hands with bleach for 2 hours" :D

outonbail

~~you will probably look very silly before the Small Claims judge and other litigants when your lawsuit to recover your used anal beads is called.

I’d have to imagine that Walmart’s “locker monitor” would look rather silly him/herself as they were A. Explaining why they felt it was necessary to confiscate such a prized pooper product in the first place and B., Why they were now refusing to return said Muddy Buddies to the rightful owner, where they could once again, be properly packed ?

You Are Guilty said:
I suppose as long as they don't get mixed up with his rosary, he has nothing to worry about. That would be one heck of a confession: "Say 50 'Hail Marys' and wash your hands with bleach for 2 hours" :D
YAG you have quite the imagination.....where do you get this!!! LMAO :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">