• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Check for foreign companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surlunglee

What is the name of your state?CA

Hello, My name is Joon and I am planning to open recruiting business for foreign companies ONLY. Candidates are who have US citizenship and they will be relocated to foreign countries such as Japan, Korea, China and work for them.

Once I get agreement for background check from candidates, can I pass those background check information to foreign companies located outside of US? Background check information is PUBLIC information but can it be pass onto companies out side of US?

Please advise me.

Thanks,
Joon.

Beth3

You need to take a read through the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA.) If you plan on having an outside agency perform the background checks, then you need to be familiar with the particulars of that Act. I also suggest you have an attorney construct a release for candidates to sign, authorizing you to release their background information to others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">