• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it easy to change status h4 to h1b?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toj2378

What is the name of your state? Texas

i would like to ask if it is easy to change status from h4 to h1b.. it is stated that the job that is offered would require a bachelor's degree.. or would it be okay to acquire a job without this status?

pattytx

I am not an immigration expert, so I cannot answer your visa question.

On your second question, it is not illegal for a company to advertise that a degree is required for a certain position, although companies often waive that requirement if you can demonstrate that your work experience has provided you with the knowledge you need to do the job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not an immigration expert either, but I can tell you that if you don't have a bachelor's degree there is no way in heck you'll get issued an H1B visa.

They are VERY hard to come by these days since there are so many US citizens who are out of work, and even in the days when employers could not keep all their positions filled without hiring workers with visas, you needed a certain level of education to have a temporary work visa issued. A bachelor's degree or equivalent is the MINIMUM education needed for an H1B visa to be issued.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I sponsored a couple of H1B visas back in the 90s when there were more jobs than people to fill them. A bachelor's degree or the equivalent degree from a college/university in the applicant's home country is absolutely mandatory. Equivalent experience is not acceptable.

Now, with the economy the way it is, the number of H1B visas that will be issued in any given year is greatly reduced, and I seriously doubt that an employer would be allowed to hire an employee on an immigrant visa unless they could clearly show that there were no US citizens available with the qualifications needed. You and I both know that there are plenty of people with bachelors or even Master's degrees looking for work. Our poster hasn't got a prayer if s/he hasn't got a degree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">