• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I claim ex-fiance on 2004 taxes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

himansu

What is the name of your state? TX

I have been claiming my ex-fiance, well before being an ex, on my taxes. I was the only one bringing in the income, and she lived off me for everything. We went our seperate ways in end of Dec.2004. We arent considered common law.
Since the seperation, I dont know where she is, but to I need her approval to claim her on my taxes? And, I am technically in the right to do so, because I provided complete financial responsibilty? Thank you in advance.

Snipes5

You don't technically need her approval, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to let her know what you are doing.

Snipes

Kansas4me

If you claim her and anyone else claims her including herself, you are going to have a mess on your hands. I personally don't think it is worth the deduction you will gain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">