• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal or illeagal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pharaohmistress

What is the name of your state? Delaware Mr. A is detained at the police station as a potential witness to a murder. As it turns out Mr A has an open warrant for parole violation. Mr A is arrested on this warrant. Mr A\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s clothing is inventoried and no other evidence is readily apparent. Eight dats later, an investigator has Mr A\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s clothing analyzed by forensics for blood traces. A serologist discovers blood on Mr A\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s shoes mnatching blood from the murder victim. Mr A is charged with murder and he wants the evidence from the search supressed. Was the search of the defendants clothing legal?

:(

HomeGuru

pharaohmistress said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware Mr. A is detained at the police station as a potential witness to a murder. As it turns out Mr A has an open warrant for parole violation. Mr A is arrested on this warrant. Mr A\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s clothing is inventoried and no other evidence is readily apparent. Eight dats later, an investigator has Mr A\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s clothing analyzed by forensics for blood traces. A serologist discovers blood on Mr A\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s shoes mnatching blood from the murder victim. Mr A is charged with murder and he wants the evidence from the search supressed. Was the search of the defendants clothing legal?

**A: what class is this homework for?

ENASNI

Hee hee

BelizeBreeze said:
"CSI in the Real World - 102"
Oh I thought it was "QU**r Eye for the Law and Order Guy..."

I am sooo sure those shoes did not go with those pants...
I know how to get the blood out as long as it was not polyester, oy.

(like the new signature BB)

S

seniorjudge

pharaohmistress said:

Q: Was the search of the defendants clothing legal?

A: There was no search.

S

seniorjudge

pharaohmistress said:
Criminal Proceduremis the class. :eek:
Well, do not rely on my answer because I never took Criminal Proceduremis.

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
I seem to be missing that one also :confused:
Proceduremis
Procedurema
Proceduremet

Is that the correct declension or parsing or whatever they call that?

red_hurrikane

search incident to arrest

Because he was arrested for violation of his parole/probation the police have the right to search anything that he has on him. Search incident to arrest is one of the few legally accepted warrantless searches.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">