• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claiming son and back support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crager34

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Not sure if this is the right area to post this. I have some back child support obligations. My X has been claiming our son for the last 4 years. Our son has turned 18. Can the tax savings for her claiming our son, be used as justification for not paying the back support

Thanks

LdiJ

crager34 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

Not sure if this is the right area to post this. I have some back child support obligations. My X has been claiming our son for the last 4 years. Our son has turned 18. Can the tax savings for her claiming our son, be used as justification for not paying the back support

Thanks
Nope..........

LdiJ said:
Nope..........
WHAT! You got to be kidding. No support for the child then you want to justify it by saying "she got to claim him on taxes." Please, really don't you think she deserved it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">