• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal attempted website login

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Here_and_There

What is the name of your state? UT
a prior employer in MD has issued a criminal complaint to the MD police causing them to call me about attempting to access the prior employers web site online store. Is attemted/unsuccessful login to a web store illegal? Is there some place to view results of prior legal cases in this regard?

stephenk

what is the specific criminal statute the police said you may have violated?

were you previously told to not try and login to the online store? Is this store open to the public?

Here_and_There

responses to your questions, thanks.

>what is the specific criminal statute the police said you may have violated?

The police mentioned Section 7-302(c): A person may not intentionally, willfully, and without authorization access, attempt to access, cause to be accessed, or exceed the person’s authorized access to all or part of a computer network, computer control language, computer, computer software, computer system, computer services, or computer database.

>were you previously told to not try and login to the online store? Is this store open to the public.

No, I was given a non-disclosure agreement at the end of my employment that does not cover access to this public web site/store. I was never told that I could not view/goto this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">