• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lead Poisoning Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lady Law

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA but the case was settled in NYC.

Hello all (Excellent site and info!!!) :rolleyes:

I was curious as to my son's lead poisoning case. It was settled for a hefty sum of money about 3 yrs. ago. He is not able to start receiving funds until he is 18yrs. old (now 14)

We are in need of some money now. It is to the point where we are barely eating, paying bills and have a car that the power steering is broke, doors don't open (have to get in through the trunk), needs new radiator, tires and engine. But, I haven't complained as long as I got to where I had to go. And I have always made ends meet and never complained. All this turn for the worse happened since I had surgery 2 1/2 yrs ago. Then I got a job in Sept. 04 and lost it Dec. 23rd, 2004 because I broke me toe and could not wear the blue open toe shoe to work. I wasn't there long enough to have seniority to hold my job. :(

The reason for this post is simple. I want to know whether or not a portion of a structured settlement (not whole suit) is possible for a note buyer or investor and if so what about a suit for a 14yr old whom is not to start receiving funds until he is 18yrs old. I was told that this was hard to do but, it can be done. He still needs to be taken care of but, it's to the point that we have no options but, he is sitting on top of funds that we cannot use. How and who can I contact for help on this matter? :confused:

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">