• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Unfiled Tax Returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misunderstood-c

What is the name of your state?VIRGINIA
I HAVE FILED ALL MY FEDERAL RETURNS; BUT WAS GIVEN FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT NOT HAVING TO FILE STATE TAXES BECAUSE MY FEDERAL ADJUSTED INCOME WAS BELOW 11,000.00. After getting my Federal taxes done professionally this year I discover that the statement above is a lie and that I do owe taxes on my 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 returns. Can someone please help me with how I should go about paying them and do I need to file 2001,2002 and 2003 eventhough my VAGI is under 5,000 which I found out was the amount that says you do not have to file.

Kansas4me

If you go on line you can print off the forms you need to fill out, or you can call the Va office that handles that and get them to send you the forms. You will have to pay interest and penalities on them as well, so once you fill them out you may go meet with some one and explain to them. Since they won't have to spend any money to collect this they may be willing to make a deal with you just to get your money and be settled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">