• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparent rights? need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eyewhisper

What is the name of your state? texas

My boyfriend and I have a son, whom is 2 yrs old. We lived together in the past until I had some difficulties with his parents wanting to see our son. They claimed they did no see him enough, when I thought that every weekend and them visiting him at my house whenever they wanted to was enough. My boyfriend and I broke up and went to court to get custody of our son. We now have joint custody and he has had visitation rights for the past ten months. He lives with his parents, so on his weekends his parents get to see our son. He and I are in better terms now and are planning on moving in together this summer. His parents do not want him to move in with me, and they say they will go to court to get visitation rights if we do move in together. My question is if they can actually do this and if they would be granted overnight visits and what is the norm for grandparents visiting per month?

I would like to state that I have no problem with them seeing/visiting my son but I think there is a point where it can be too much.

BelizeBreeze

eyewhisper said:
What is the name of your state? texas

My boyfriend and I have a son, whom is 2 yrs old. We lived together in the past until I had some difficulties with his parents wanting to see our son. They claimed they did no see him enough, when I thought that every weekend and them visiting him at my house whenever they wanted to was enough. My boyfriend and I broke up and went to court to get custody of our son. We now have joint custody and he has had visitation rights for the past ten months. He lives with his parents, so on his weekends his parents get to see our son. He and I are in better terms now and are planning on moving in together this summer. His parents do not want him to move in with me, and they say they will go to court to get visitation rights if we do move in together. My question is if they can actually do this and if they would be granted overnight visits and what is the norm for grandparents visiting per month?

I would like to state that I have no problem with them seeing/visiting my son but I think there is a point where it can be too much.
His parents are full of crap. Tell your boyfriend to grow some cajones because HE needs to deal with them, not you. In fact, if you two do move in together again, you are under no obligation to invite them in when they come knocking.

Take the hint.

Ayva

I have the same problem with my boyfriends parents. They are controlling and always need things their way. Many times they have told me how and what to feed my 4 month baby. My boyfriend sees nothing wrong, only because he is used to the controlling. They have even threaten on taking MY baby away. With all this they still want to tell me when and for how long they want to see her for. They have put a lot of negative things in my boyfriends mind to make us fight and I don't want the same to happen to my baby. I had no problem with them seeing the baby until I got threatened and even harassed in my own house. Now theres no way my baby will go over there unless my boyfriend is there with her. Right now I have her at wok with me because of this. I will continue doing this until I feel its okay for her to be watched by them. (If that day ever comes) I know how you feel. There were times I thought twice about saying no, but I think about what could happen and I stick to my answer. Good luck and be strong with your answer. Talk to your boyfriend about it and hopefully he will stand up for you. I am here if you want to talk. God Bless. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">