• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre -trial, tomorrow no contest implications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chummy

Very urgent, pre -trial, tomorrow, no contest implications

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got arrested by the police for not accepting two false receipts (two pieces of papers with the words cancelled on them and a set of numbers) the police was trying to force me to accept as replacement for my actual receipts which the police took from me at a store. The police took my receipts and products and asked me to go get my ID. I used a self checkout register at a store and processed my transaction successfully and paid with my visa card. The store supervisor came asking for my ID which I did not have and called the police. I released both products and receipts to the police and went home to get my ID. When I came back the supervisor said the receipt does not match my ID. I comfimed with my credit card company the charges were on my credit card and the police went and got these two pieces of paper with the words canceeled on them telling me my trasactions were cancelled and I should accept them. This was since January. The charges are still on my credit card statement till today. They were never cancelled. I did not accept the two pieces of paper of coures and got arrested and was told it was because they gave me time to accept my receipts (the false receipts) and I refused. But in court they charged me with criminal trespass and the police also said I assaulted him by touching him three times on his shoulder which he later changed to pushing him with open arms. My miranda rights were not read to me when I was arrested and the police questioned me asking very many personal questions. I did not know about the miranda rights until I came accross this site a few weks after my arrest. I stayed in jial for 4 days before I got released. Tomorrow I go for pre-trial.

I am not guilty of the two offences since I did not touch the police nor push him. He never mentioned that nor give me any ticket yet he charged me with the offence. Again though the police made me sign a criminal trespass form, I got his permission to stay and collect my receipt after I called my credit card company, but was being offerred two wrong receipts which I refused to accept explaining I wanted my original receipts and return receipt because the store had my products..

Since my miranda rights were not read to me, and since I was arrested for one reason and charged with two diffrent reasons other than the reason I was told I was arrested, do I have enough legal reasons to file a motion for surpression and dismissal

I pleaded not guilty but will be going for pre-trial tomorrow. If I plead no contest to the case tomorrow (because I do not have money for an attorney and they do not give a lawyer for a class "C misdemeanour), will the no contest plea jeopardise any civil suit against the store. I still need to recover my money for the product. The criminal trespass case makes it hard for me to go get names of my witnesses for the assault case.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">