• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Accused For A Felony! Please Read!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedAdviceASAP

What is the name of your state?State: Kansas
Charged in Overland Park, Court is in Olathe...

I am wondering how or what :confused: must take place causing a domestic battery charge to be bumped to aggravated battery. I didn't think if an individual was being arrested for one, they could be charged with another :( . I am wondering because domestic is a misdemeanor and aggravated is a felony, and a great friend of mine is being charged :mad: . Can the police really go off of hearsay in regards to the sentencing :eek: ? Please get back to me if you know the law and can help. Thank you so much!

NeedAdviceASAP said:
What is the name of your state?State: Kansas
Charged in Overland Park, Court is in Olathe...

I am wondering how or what :confused: must take place causing a domestic battery charge to be bumped to aggravated battery. I didn't think if an individual was being arrested for one, they could be charged with another :( . I am wondering because domestic is a misdemeanor and aggravated is a felony, and a great friend of mine is being charged :mad: . Can the police really go off of hearsay in regards to the sentencing :eek: ? Please get back to me if you know the law and can help. Can the police really go off of hearsay in regards to the sentencing :eek: ?
"I didn't think if an individual was being arrested for one, they could be charged with another."
Of course they can.

"I am wondering how or what :confused: must take place causing a domestic battery charge to be bumped to aggravated battery."
Who knows, apparently the DA believes he can prove the latter.

"I am wondering because domestic is a misdemeanor and aggravated is a felony, and a great friend of mine is being charged :mad: "
Ok

"Can the police really go off of hearsay in regards to the sentencing :eek: ?"
The police have nothing to do with sentencing.

"Thank you so much!"
You are welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">