• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Church being denied building permits, being harassed by fire marshall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FRIENDOFGODJ316

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I will try to keep this brief as possible, it has been a long story with many twists. Basically, since the building project of our church has begun, we have gotten the run around from the county (Jefferson). We have been lied to by several county officials regarding what we were required to do and everything they told us to do, we did. Permits have been revoked for no reason, then told by the fire marshall "oh, they are on my desk waiting for you to pick up", when we went to get them, they "disappeared". They are threatening to shut off our electric which runs off the same pole as the church parsonage. Basically, what has been told by people we know on the inside is they have a two-fold problem. The first being us being "not a real church" because we are non-denominational and second (and foremost, I believe) is that the land we occupy was donated to us by the Pastor's father who has done prison time and several people on the building commission and fire board have it out for him personally. They've even said if the church were somewhere other than the donated land, it would be ok. Our church has been in two other locations in the same town and we never had a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">