• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buryyourdead

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Back in october a good friend of mine(14 years old) was caught with marijuana. He had about 6 grams on him, im really worried and i need to know if he is going to go to juvenile for it, He has changed his ways and is now a very positive person and plans on telling the court that. Also he has like 2 or 3 tickets for truency but he is doing way better so I just need to know what is going to happen? I need to know is he going to juvenile or not. Im very worried

Last edited:

Scrutinizer

Can he go to detention? Yes. Will he go? Depends. I would suggest your friend, start attending AA - NA meetings, substance abuse classes, and start seeing a substance abuse councilor before he goes to court. The Judge will look more favorable on these steps than if the friend tells the Judge they've made life changes.

smutlydog

buryyourdead said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Back in october a good friend of mine(14 years old) was caught with marijuana. He had about 6 grams on him, im really worried and i need to know if he is going to go to juvenile for it, He has changed his ways and is now a very positive person and plans on telling the court that. Also he has like 2 or 3 tickets for truency but he is doing way better so I just need to know what is going to happen? I need to know is he going to juvenile or not. Im very worried
The reality is that he is not really in much LEGAL trouble at all but I would be terribly concerned about his future. I was caught with MJ for the first time at the age of 14.All of the adults around me thought I was a nice kid going through a stage so help was never offered to me even when I would bring home straight Fs on my report card. This led to a life that would be considered unsociable by most.
This kid you are speaking of probably has way to much idle time. I know we live in a time where both parents work but their needs to be a responsible adult eating away at his free time.
He should also see councilor on regular basis even if he is not doing drugs any more. If he is skipping school and smoking weed he must be going through feelings of inadequacy.

n_and

Not in any legal trouble?

Because it's his first offense with marijuana is the only reason that may keep him out of juvey. He'll certainly be put on probation.

<Bill>

There's a chance he may get STATUE (MCL 333.7411)

For first-time offenders, Michigan enforces statute MCL 333.7411, provided that the amount of marijuana found is small (no set amount). The statute promotes sending small-offense users to drug education programs. Schmid said his own experience is that very few people actually walk away with a conviction, let alone jail time. In order to avoid unpopular and difficult jail sentences, judges often decide to take advantage of the statute and refer people to drug abuse programs. “You have to understand, judges also went to college. It’s difficult for them to go down this slippery slope of hypocrisy.”
http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/031008/031008cover.html

SnoboarderTPH

Haha

your friend is going to get a slap on the wrist.... first time offenders get act 7411 a lot... as i have posted.. NORML.ORG for all marijuana drug laws....... if people would go there , would eliminate about half of the threads on this forum section

dillychily

I got charged with possession of marijuana when the cop only found a bowl in my dorm room. I signed a search warrant because the cop threatened to take me to jail. no marijuana was found but i was still given a possession of marijuana charge. Shouldnt i just get posession of paraphernalia?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I got charged with possession of marijuana when the cop only found a bowl in my dorm room. I signed a search warrant because the cop threatened to take me to jail. no marijuana was found but i was still given a possession of marijuana charge. Shouldnt i just get posession of paraphernalia?
You need to start your OWN thread instead of hijacking another's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">