• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davestein77

What is the name of your state?Colorado

I was fired after a female co worker said a few things about me that werent true and in no way in my character. Ater she went to HR they called me in and said that 4 people had reported me asking them out and emailing them, which is all untrue. All 4 of these people are known best friends of each other. I then filed for unemployment and was denied and i applied it and won due to the fact that they had ZERO emails from me asking them out of doing anything out of the norm. My question is is ther eanything i can do about this ? I feel that i was wrongfully fired and my rep with anyone that works for that company is ruined.

Beth3

The company did not violate any laws in terminating your employment, even if you were falsely accused. The fact that the State granted UC benefits does not mean the employer violated any laws or even that the employer made an improper decision.

If you can prove your accusers lied, you can take legal action against them individually if you wish to but not against the employer. Your employer acted lawfully in discharging you, even if it was unfair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">