• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delaware Non Compete Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slibinas

What is the name of your state? Delaware
Hi, I have a non compete clause question. I was wondering if it is legal to have a non compete clause in the state of delaware. Also I have a contract that I have to sign that says

I will not formally go into competition within the ticket reselling market. It also says that business practicess of the employer are confidential.

Does that mean that if I give the information to someone else to use, I am still breaking the contract and what does "formally imply". The company was incorporated in Delaware. Thx for your help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To the best of my knowledge, non-compete agreements are not illegal in any state. There is one state where they are generally unenforceable, and that state is not Delaware.

Only a local attorney who has read the entire agreement can tell you whether or not the agreement YOU have is enforceable or not, or interpret the clauses for you. Exact wording counts, as does context.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">