• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this wrong or what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azmiranda

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Ia

I was called on the phone 3 weeks ago and hired a job I can physically do. I went 3 days later and had my employee physical. Eight years ago at a sister company of the company that hired me I injured my back and had a Work. Comp. Settlement.
I was recognized immediately by the PA that examined me, she requested my records at all of my DR's, they then sent them to an outside "DR" to look at them without examining me.
They called me yesterday, three weeks later and told me that they have to withdraw their job offer because of my back. I just had a normal MRI this past November and my back is fine.
Isn't this against the American Disability Act?
This "DR" didn't even examine me or see me.

Thanks,
AZ :confused:

Beth3

It's not necessary that a doctor examine you. A consulting physician often doesn't need more than copies of your relevant medical records to offer a qualified opinion on your status.

Whether the ADA comes into this depends on whether your back condition "significantly impairs a major life function." Just because there are some jobs you may not be able to perform does not mean your condition meets that definition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">