• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an Officer Legally do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Str87daze

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My best friend was at a gas station when a cop yelled stop. My friend being hard of hearing kept walking to buy fix a flat. He had a flat. The officer ran in the store and yanked him out on suspicion of DUI because he had a flat. the officer was there already arresting someone else. My friend gave the officer his name and told him that he was driving my car. The officer accused my friend of stealing it and wreaking it. My friend getting upset, decided to stop talking rather than risk shouting at the officer. The officer then search him and used my cell phone which was on his person to call long distance. THe number that he called, he told the person that my friend had wrecked my car and stole a purse. Neither was true and I can figure out why he did so.

My question, can cops use peoples cell phone without permission like that?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">