• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jan270

What is the name of your state?Florida

My friend had 3 bikes from his garage stolen from 5-6 teenagers, he was able to catch 2 of the kids, with help from some neighbors but the others got away. When the police finally came after 2hours, my friend & one of the other neighbor whose bike was also stolen filed police reports. While doing so, some of the other kids that were involved in thefts of someone elses bikes came up and began telling the police lies about my friend. 4 kids told the police that my friend waived a gun at them. This is totally untrue and at the time these kids state this took place my friend was on his motorcycle and was with another neighbor who never saw him show his gun in anyway. My friend did have the gun in his back pocket with his shirt pulled over it, with his concealed weapons permit on him but never did he put it in his hand!! He never even got close to the kids that are pressing charges! How can they do this?! How can my friend get out of this, he didn't do it & has a witness to this fact! They even arrested him and he had to spend 10 hours in jail. Where does he go from here?

Last edited:

n_and

This is totally untrue and at the time these kids state this took place my friend was on his motorcycle and was with another neighbor who never saw him show his gun in anyway.
I thought your friend was trying to catch the kids...did he do so on his bike? And who are these 4 kids you speak of? Were they the ones who stole the bike, different bike-stealing kids, or just lying kids?

I'm confused by the chain of events listed in your post.

What was he charged with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">