• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wronful Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coromi52

What is the name of your state?TX
I was fired Dec 12th. I worked at a local video store as a manager or shift leader. I had 2 week training, 1 week for cashier, i week for manager duties etc. The trainee told me that i was not allowed to close or open the store by myself until i had worked in the position for at least 1 month. Well, after 1 week there i was openning and closing. I 90% of the time ran the store by myself and barely even knew what the hell i was doing when it came to paper work, aside from that customers happy and sold alot of what they wanted pushed. I asked the district leader for xtra training and he said he would arange witch he never did. After another month my main manager was fired so the assistant was incharge until they find a new store manager. I had never been late or written up for anything. 1 week i was sick witch i worked sick and i made sure she knew this but by the end of the week i was so bad my voice was gone and had to wisper to speak. I told her 1 day prior that i would not be coming in cause my throught needed time off. She insisted that i need letter from doc saying i can come to work. I told her that before she knew i was sick and working and then she didnt ask me for no doc letter or send me home. So i told her i couldnt afford a doc specially for him to just tell me to not speak for a few days. I called district leader and xplained situation and he said he would get back at me but he didnt. So, since i wasnt making money i borrowed money went to doc got letter went back to work. When i went back the assistant manager told me i should have not gone over her to the district leader cause i could get her fired and to never do that again. Few days later i'm written up for not selecting and option on the customers app witch was my mistake but the funny part was that i had complained to her about another manager that would brake all does rules and nothing ever happened to her and also i showed her where she had made the same mistake the day prior to this. Couple of days later she writes me up because on tuesdays is new movie release. I had done this 1 time. She showed up to work that morning and had seen that not all the movies where out and wrote me up for it. Few days later i go to work and she says that i wrote in a piece of paper for a lady stating that her son would get a free rental because of good grades. I said yes i did and she said well they are supposed to get the cheap movies and that the laddy made a scene cause she wanted to rent a regular movie and she had to give to her cause i signed the paper. Well, we do give free rentals for good grades but nobody there had ever told me it was only on the cheap ones. Even the barcode just says free movie and nothing else. She said i was being terminated for that and for not performing. I never even got that trianing that dl offered and all write ups happend after me going over her.... I filed unemployment and im getting that at the moment but wonder if i can put a foot up there ass some how.. Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I found your post extremely hard to read but if I understood it correctly, terminating you may have been unfair but it was not illegal, and no you do not have legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">