• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flood Light Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

199910AE

What is the name of your state?Texas
My house has flood lights installed by the builder. My neighbor has complained about them glaring in his window so I have them pointed to the ground only 10 feet from the house some 12 years ago, my fence is a good 30 feet away and his nearest window is at least another 30 feet on the other side of a 8 foot wood fence. He has now complained to the HOA who sent me a letter asking me to submit plans for approval of my lighting addition. I wrote back explaining that they were not "additions", that I had complied with requests to the point of loss of utility and safety, and included photos. They have come back and said that although they agree they have no requirement they want me to shield my light so as to avoid glare. This seems unreasonable and one sided, there are other options my neighbor could do as well, like close his blinds, offer to pay for the shield, offer to pay to relocate my light? The HOA is only to address "improvements" and seems to be overstepping their bounds. Comments?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">