• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption final?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greeneyedgirl

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? ohio

My boyfriend has been divorced for approx. 3yrs. 8-10months before the separation of the divorce of ex-wife she wanted to adopt a guatamalen girl. My boyfriend cashed in 401-ks and bonds for this. The girl was 1 yr old at time of adoption. 8-10mos later they separated. She now is already remarried and has had this man in the girls life since age 2. She is now 5yrs old. She is talking of finalization of name change and finalization of adoption. Going to court/has a lawyer to do the paperwork. I asked and told her I thought this was already done at the time of the adoption. She said every country is different. Is this something we could fight? Cause she has the new husband being called daddy and pretty much is pushing her ex out of the picture but wants his money still. Does he have to adopt her if it really is not final yet. We called places in Ohio to check if there is an ohio birth certificate for the little girl and there is none. So, do you think it is possible to deny finishing the adoption of her?

Last edited:

greeneyedgirl

OHIO---my boyfriend does have an attorney checking into this. We have asked him over a month ago to check into it. He now tells him he has a call from his ex wifes attorney about this matter. He still is awaiting the other attorney's papers to see if it is possible to fight. I dont understand why he is waiting. We had done phone calls per him to already check into it being possible and than told him about them and he said he will check into it. I am not sure what he was waiting on but I guess we will see. It is such a long process.
thanks for your reponse/reply;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">