• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turn myself in or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clark34

Im from Missouri currently living in oklahoma and im on parole i got a call from my parole officer yesterday stating that i have a warrant for my arrest for Armed Criminal action, 1st degree burglary and 1st degree robbery. I was questioned about this incident and my picture was taking and i was subsequently released and never charged. I let someone borrow my car and they and a friend of theres committed these crimes one got away and the other has been in jail on this charge for 8 months obviously he is not talking and they have not caught the other assailant. Now 8 months later im being charged with this crime and they want me to turn myself in 6 hours away in missouri. should i make them extradict me or spend my money for a bus ticket for something i didnt have any thing to do with. All im guilty of is lending a so called friend my car.

MovinSouth

You would be wise to turn yourself in, you are on Parole. If you don't your Parole Officer will recommend jail time.

clark34

Im planning on turning myself in i dont know if i should catch the bus up there or turn myself in down here and let them extadict me would it look better to call the public defender and negotiate my surrender

Have mercy, been waitin’ for the bus all day.
Have mercy, been waitin’ for the bus all day.
I got my brown paper bag and my take-home pay.

Have mercy, old bus be packed up tight.
Have mercy, old bus be packed up tight.
Well, I’m glad just to get on and home tonight.

Right on, that bus done got me back.
Right on, that bus done got me back.
Well, I’ll be ridin’ on the bus till I cadillac

ZZ Top

MovinSouth

I would take the bus, because that would look alot better, than them having to come and get you, your only six hours away. Good Luck to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">