• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Management sleeping with employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nrunner

What is the name of your state? GA

I recently applied for a job within the company I work for. I was the most qualified applicant. Our HR department has confirmed this is true. However, the position was given to an employee with less experience and who is sleeping with the hiring manager. Can I do anything?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unfortunately no, there is nothing you can do. Nothing in the law says they have to hire the most qualified candidate. If the hiring manager wishes to give the job to a less qualified candiate whom he is sleeping with, he can legally do that. It doesn't say much for his judgement or the management skills of your upper managers, but it's legal.

nohr4u1yr

Qualifications

Hiring decisions are based more on just qualifications. It's how you present yourself in the interview - how you answer the questions - how the hiring manager feels you will fit within the team - how you have handled stressful situations in the past - your demeanor towards other employees, etc.

There is nothing you can do about his hiring decision.

BelizeBreeze

nrunner said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I recently applied for a job within the company I work for. I was the most qualified applicant. Our HR department has confirmed this is true. However, the position was given to an employee with less experience and who is sleeping with the hiring manager. Can I do anything?
THREE WORDS:

Ménage à trois :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">