• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiko

What is the name of your state? Georgia, but the offense occured in Florida

Hi!
I have a question. My mother and I were the victims of a correctional offficer's savage verbal abuse when in Jacksonville, Florida trying to get a family member released from jail. I went on to send several letters and emails to the sheriff, the mayor, and city council discussing the incident. We initially received several emails of apology from the mayor, the sheriff, the police ethics board, and even an internal affairs officer investigating the matter. However, the attention to the matter seems to have disappeared. I saved all of the correspondence, but it has been two months since we've heard anything else. What steps should we take now? I think that this is being swept under the rug. The correctional officer was pretty nasty concerning my brother's guilt or innocence. The charges were dismissed against him. However, while we were waiting for that issue to be resolved, we had to deal with the officer's comments concerning what he thought should happen in the case. It really caused my mother and I some horrible, undue stress. Any ideas how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">