• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advertize on public property, pay fine?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mec4040

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

Have another question from son of mine. He wants to know if you can get a fine or jail time for advertizing on public property.

Example: say ur in the park holding a sign saying 'buy my bargains' or in the city on the sidewalk walking around with sign. Can any of these reasons get u a fine or put you in jail?

Would there be any reason for why I could get a fine for doing this.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to the answer.

Lisa S

Happy Trails

Mec4040 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

Have another question from son of mine. He wants to know if you can get a fine or jail time for advertizing on public property.

Example: say ur in the park holding a sign saying 'buy my bargains' or in the city on the sidewalk walking around with sign. Can any of these reasons get u a fine or put you in jail?

Would there be any reason for why I could get a fine for doing this.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to the answer.

Lisa S
I found the following story: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/10/25/ms_defiles_nyc/

If you had the proper permits it would appear to be legal. However you would not want to be loitering in front of other businesses etc...

Informative link: http://www.wokr13.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=6E56BF26-5289-49D9-9F82-075EA4755AE7

You could get into trouble if the child is a minor and you are aware that they are doing something illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">