• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adriel26

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adriel

What is the name of your state?PA
I had a daughter with one man in 1995. Were not married, but she has his last name. Had another daughter in 1998 by someone else. Broke up with him before I knew for sure I was pregnant. He stalked me all the time afterward.
A month after she was born I had gotten back together with the first guy and married him in 2000.
Have since had another child, same last name as first child. Now we all have the same last name, except my middle child. Bio father knew I was pregnant and never tried to see child or attempt to prove paternity, did not show interest. Bio father is not listed on birth certificate. My name is the only name on there.
Middle child started school this year and husband is upset that she has to use my maiden name, the name on her bc. How hard is it going to be to have him adopt her? Bio father lives in Illinois.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Depends on whether bioDad consents or not. If he does - it's easy. If not? Forget about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">